Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Oakland Raiders have been "demoted" to the CFL

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis announced he has brokered a deal with the Canadian Football League.  The Raiders will be leaving the NFL and joining the CFL for the 2013 season.

"Well, actually we were asked to leave the NFL", Mark Davis said.  "As you know, Roger Goodell is in town for our Thursday night game against Denver.  I'm grateful he delivered the news to me directly rather than through an email from one his assistants.  I can understand their reasoning.  I'm not happy about it but thankfully, the CFL is taking us in.  Will we do better in the CFL?  I don't know."

We can speculate on the many reasons why the Raiders have been ejected from the NFL.  Roger Goodell was tight lipped when asked about it. "I'm not going to get into the details.  I think we can all agree a change was needed."

Mark Davis seemed upbeat despite the setback for the franchise.  "We have a dedicated fanbase.  I know they'll come out and support us no matter what."


No comments: