Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Should Really Update This Blog

I only have myself to blame, allowing this blog to slip off the radar. If I remember correctly, the period between 2008 to maybe 2009, I switched over to Bleacher Report but was eventually booted off that forum for getting into numerous arguments. One bad blogger in particular bothered me. A fat guy from South Dakota. His photo graces this page below.

I guess I just can't help myself ridiculing hapless fools.

I have also been booted off a few other forums for the same behavior. None of it means anything to me of course. I am just amusing myself.

To bring everyone up to date, Fat Pat, another bad Raiders blogger, kicked the bucket. He was so fat he just keeled over. Too bad for him huh. That'll teach him to eat so much bacon (with all due respect to Romo)

Undead Al also finally died. How many of you actually thought that was possible? I didn't. I really thought he would live until his body disintegrated. It looked like no blood was getting to his face for years on end. He was like a rotting raisin.

I'm not so sure Mark Davis is an upgrade in ownership. He seems to be an empty shirt. That's a corporate term used to describe management that doesn't actually do anything. As good as Amy Trask is at whatever it is she does, she's not the real answer either. Everyone knows the Raiders need a GM with personnel decision authority. We'll see if that really happens or not.

One thing is certain, now that Undead Al is no more, his only remaining henchman, John Herrera has receded into the background. He's no doubt keeping a low profile now that no one in the building supports his antics. That means no one anywhere has any respect for you John, in case you missed the point.


And what of Huey Baby? A little quick to pull the trigger on dealing away so many draft picks for Carson Palmer I'd say. I actually thought Jason Campbell was playing well until he was injured. Huey Baby could not wait to strike a deal for Palmer. Palmer may or may not return to his old form but I think there were other options they could have gone with rather than deal away next year's draft, which is razor thin with picks as it is.

See, that's the thing, when you win a few games, as Baby Huey did for a stretch in the 2011 season, you get a little full of yourself and want to tinker. Undead (or dead now) Al apparently gave Baby Huey a little GM power before he checked out. Baby Huey is no GM, as he has learned. I have no doubt he will be back for the 2012 season as head coach but by then hopefully the front office grows some wisdom teeth and finally does the right thing. Find a football guy to make personnel decisions. It would mark the beginning of a new era instead of the half-baked stuff thrown into the mix by Baby Huey and his new quasi-overlords Mark Davis and Amy Trask.

Hey, I wonder if all those lawsuits Al had his fleet of attorneys working on is still churning. That would be revealing where the new front office stands for real in regard to keeping or releasing the ghost of Al from Raiders HQ.

No comments: